Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Monthly pick of My Books- Always Mr. Wrong





Always Mr. Wrong
Clare Darby is feeling restless, but can't quite put her finger on why. Her life is in order, so what is the problem? When her daughter asks what she really wants for Christmas how can Clare tell her all she wants is to get laid. All her life she has fallen for Mr. Wrong. Will she ever find Mr. Right?

Excerpt
Tonight was all about me, Clare Darby, moving on. Well, actually, it was all about my best friend Jess’s cheese and wine party. Her Ladies Circle was raising money for sick children. Or was it animals? I’m not sure which. To be honest I hadn’t taken much notice when Jess invited me. All I could think about was how, although it had been eight months since my divorce, it had been over a year since I’d got myself dressed up, gone out and engaged in adult conversation.
For weeks now I had been feeling restless. I couldn’t quite put my finger on why. I had a good job as a midwife at St. Andrews teaching hospital. Twice a week I went to the gym with my girlfriends to Tums and Bums. Afterwards, sweaty and knackered, we would indulge in a couple of glasses of wine and gossip at the bar next door. My finances were in order; I had a wonderful home, a perfect daughter, and a caring family. So what in the world was wrong with me?
Then two weeks ago, even though it was the middle of October, my seven-year-old daughter, Olivia, pondered over her Christmas letter to Santa. For a seven-year-old, she is very methodical, a chromosome she has inherited from her father. Unfortunately, her father’s meticulous discipline ceased when it came to fidelity. Before she wrote her letter she made two lists, presents she desperately wanted and presents she would like, but not imperative. Finally, lists cross-checked and narrowed down to one main present and a handful of smaller ones, she asked what I really wanted for Christmas. She would like to add it to her letter.
“You never ask Santa for anything, Mummy. What would you really like most?”
The answer shone as bright as the star of Bethlehem. I was almost positive as I contemplated my answer the Angel Gabrielle manifested in front of my dining room window, telling me to go forth, and seek, but how could I tell my seven-year-old that what Mummy really wanted was a man. More importantly...to get laid?
It all came to a head just before Christmas last year when Phil, my then husband, a Detective Inspector for the North London Metropolitan Police, came home unusually early one Friday night. As he went straight upstairs, I should have known as I stood in the kitchen and heard him moving around in our bedroom and then appeared a while later with a suitcase in his hand, it wasn’t full of dirty laundry for the laundrette. I’d been suspicious for months that his relationship with his partner, the stunning Detective Sargent Maria Stephanopoulos, was more than professional. A typical Greek goddess, all olive skin, flowing dark hair, legs up to her armpits and tits so perky that every man, even the criminals, couldn’t take their eyes off them. To be honest, when I think back, the last seven years of our eight-year marriage had been like skating on a lake of thin ice, even before Maria. How many times had Phil assured me after each affair it was purely a fling, it would never happen again. I’d lost count of how many lonely sleepless nights I’d lain in bed wondering when the pressure of the three people in our marriage would be too much, and the lake would finally crack.
So it came as no big surprise to find divorce top of Phil’s Christmas list that year.




What the readers say about  Always Mr. Wrong

Reviewed by Anne-Marie Reynolds for Readers' Favorite 5/5
Joanne Rawson has written another winner in Always Mr. Wrong. It’s a heart warming romantic story that, once again, I couldn’t put down. It had a real injection of reality and humor in it and perfectly sums up the harsh reality of growing up and facing down your life. With a touch of drama, the quintessential mature heroine, and even more mature drop-dead gorgeous hero, Ms. Rawson has a winning formula on her hands in the shape of a neatly packaged short story. Wonderful read that gave me a real lift to the spirits and heart. I wish there were more like her.

Liz Amazon UK Review 5.0 out of 5 stars
Joanne Rawson has to be the best new voice of Chick lit.
Her subject matters are always so true to life, it could be any woman she is writing about. Always Mr. Wrong has excelled her this time. Her characters are amazing; I really liked her sister Eleanor, what a hoot she is.
A funny story on a past school girl crush, always dating the wrong man and getting back out in the dating scene. On a romantic side of things, the relationship between Clare and Guy is wonderfully written. Full of feeling, and I might add very racy in parts.




5/5 Book Reviewed by Angie Just Read... (reviewer) The Romance Reviews
Queen of the Chick Lit novella format, the spectacularly hip Joanne Rawson has produced yet another delectably quirky romantic tale that's fun to read and rather hard to put down. Featuring the author's signature preference for a more emotionally mature heroine, a cocktail of realism with a mixer of relationship angst that's intermingled with moments of laugh-out-loud humor, Ms. Rawson has another crowd-pleaser on her hands. Devotees of chick lit who are looking for a quick read with a little depth, a little drama, and a hunky doctor are certain to enjoy ALWAYS MR. WRONG.

Goodreads  Jill rated it 5/5  Was amazing
This is a fun, fast, frolicking good time read! Ms. Rawson combines the modern romance with witty repartee while still having a great message. I fully enjoyed reading this on my last flight cross country. Before I knew it we were to our destination and I was wishing for more

Nook Review - 5/5 
Another outstanding story from the hottest chic lit author – Joanne Rawson
Anonymous
You will not want to put Joanne Rawson’s latest book down. Once again, she captivates the reader with laugh out humor, real life situations, and relationship torment.
Another little gem.

Genre:

Chic-Lit  Short
Heat Level: 3 Flames Boiling
Sensual, yet more explicit love scenes, and the language may be
more graphic and direct.
Buy
Amazon UK  ONLY 0.99p
Amazon India  Only Rupees 69
kobo ONLY 0.70p


No comments:

Post a Comment