Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Zoe North Dedication – To All the staff at Big Fish - Palolem, South Goa, India






To the staff at Big Fish, Palolem, South Goa, where I had the inspiration to write this book.



For many years now, we have always been to the same beach huts, Big Fish owned by the most kindest, welcoming and gracious man I have met, Wilson Fernandas, that both MR. R and I consider a good friend.  To add to this there is the very quiet, caring and courteous, restaurant manager Santos, who we have known since being a young waiter.  Moreover, Raj, the delightful waiter who inspired my character Harish.
I have always wanted to incorporate Palolem in one of my stories, and it was while I was writing Zoe North, that I realised how wonderful it would be for this story. The setting, the staff, the huts were all so perfect. 



Palolem beach is a crescent shaped bay, in South Goa near the small town of Canacona.  Spend your time in a shallow bay fringed with white sands and a swaying curtain of coconut palms with Big Fish right behind it. Wake up to a great view of sunrise behind the thickly forested hilltop. Then at night sit on the beach and watch the sun go down. 



 


COCO HUTS  



A/C Coco Huts with hot shower. 







Non a/c with cold water shower and a fan, all with a private small balcony or terrace with views of the sea.   
 




RESTAURANT  


Big Fish is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner serving delicious Goan, Indian, Chinese and Continental food and drink.  The Tandoori I have to say is the best I have ever had.





Wilson and his "crew" will ensure a happy, relaxed holiday at the marvellous location quite simply know as "Paradise Beach" !
 For more information about staying at Big Fish




2 comments:

  1. aww what a lovely dedictaion jo:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare, you know how much MR. R and I love it there, it just seemed so perfect for this book. x

      Delete