Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Interview 2- With Indi author Nancy Pennick


Welcome back to the second part of my interview with Author Nancy Pennick.


“Let me get this right. You have written YA, Historical Romance and now not only do you have a new Romantic Suspense series, The Secret Billionaire Society, you are publishing yourself? Wow! How is that working for you?

Lots of work and research, but fun. I belong to some Indie Facebook groups and the people are very helpful. My son does the covers, my cousin is my editor and my husband is my final proof reader.”  

“I have to ask. What has your experience been like as a new Indie Author? Bruises, Highlights, and lessons?”

“Lessons: If you do nothing, your books sit and languish amongst the millions out there. You can’t write a book without knowing how to market. As I stated above, the Facebook groups for Indie Authors are super helpful. The lesson is to get great advice and follow it. I have the Secret Billionaire Society in Kindle Unlimited, exclusive to Amazon, a good recommendation. Amazon offers advertising for their books, too.
Bruises: Many times I have asked myself, “Why am I doing this?” after no sales for a period of time or a bad review. I want to bang my head against a wall, cry or give up. But I think a lot of authors feel this way at one time or another. Then I walk away or take a deep breath and dive back in again.
Highlights: Whenever I get a glowing review? Makes my day. I sell one book? Celebrate. Someone you don’t know says your book is great or contacts you to let you know they bought your book? Priceless.”

  “What is your advice to Indie Authors?”

“Fear holds you back. Be fearless. There is lots of free advice out there so take advantage. You don’t have to spend money. But! You do have to spend a little if you want your book to be seen.”

“Do you do book tours?”

“I have done blog interviews on-line. The Barnes and Noble in my hometown has been kind to me, offering me spots when they have a Young Adult weekend or when I debut a new book.”

“What has been the best compliment from your readers/fans?”

“The best compliment is when a reader describes my characters as I see them, flaws and all.  I like to find fresh storylines for genres and hope to keep the reader engaged so when they mention that in a review, I know I accomplished my mission.”

“Going back to The Secret Billionaire Society, you already have two books out, Chase and Nash. Is there another book, coming soon?”
“Yes, thanks for asking! Beau Book 4, Gabe Book 5 and Kade Book 6 are still in the writing process.”

“Nancy, I have to say, I really enjoyed talking with you today. As an author myself, wow! I find you a great inspiration. Is there anything you would like to say to my readers or your fans?”

“Keep reading. Use the library. Support authors you love. And read to the little ones. Instill the love of books at an early age.”


“Which just leaves me to say, keep reading this blog to learn more about The Secret Billionaire Society.



Chase: The Secret Billionaire Society Book 1   Kindle Edition 
by Nancy Pennick
Six billionaires. One unforgettable birthday bash. Now their livelihoods are in the hands of a stranger.
Serious Chase Young is chosen first by this ominous, never seen Smith and goes from billionaire to pilot for a small airline in a day. Unable to use money to fix the problem, he’s tasked to dig deeper into the airline’s problems. Chase never expects to meet Grace Edison, the owner’s daughter, and immediately wants her in his life. Undercover, Chase can’t tell Grace the truth. Never one to back down, he accepts the challenge ahead of him, win Grace and save her father’s company.

This romantic suspense book can be read as a standalone.
                                                  mybook.to/Chasebook1






Nash: The Secret Billionaire Society Book 2   Kindle Edition
by Nancy Pennick
Six billionaires. One unforgettable birthday bash. Now their livelihoods are in the hands of a stranger.
Easy-going Nash Gill is the second of the Society to receive his mission. Upset he won’t go undercover like his friend, Chase, he accepts the challenge half-heartily. Vanessa, Nash’s ex, works with him at Gill’s gym. He’d rather spend time winning her back instead of flying to Pittsburgh to help a high school teacher fulfill his dream and back to hire the other assignment in Miami. Tasked with aiding these two men, he finds juggling them complicated and turns to Vanessa for help. Unaware of the danger which lies ahead, Nash’s desire for a mission impossible role comes true, and he now regrets ever wishing for one.

This can be read as a standalone.
                                      mybook.to/Nash



Finn: The Secret Billionaire Society Book 3   Kindle Edition 
by Nancy Pennick (Author

Six billionaires. One unforgettable birthday bash. Now their livelihoods are in the hands of a stranger.
Golden boy Finn Larsson is the third of the Society chosen by the ominous, never-seen Smith for assignment. Sent to a sparsely populated area of California, he’s tasked to save the Wilde’s ranch and amusement park from ruin. Upon his arrival, his gut reaction is to quit. After learning more from the elderly couple who own the land and run the park, he suggests they get a lawyer and file for bankruptcy or sell the property. Enter Charlotte Wilde, their lawyer daughter, from L.A. One look, and Finn is smitten. Save the Wildes becomes his motto.

This is a standalone read.
               ( Release date Augus15) 
                getbook.at/finn


 Follow Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jo! I loved doing this. You asked great questions!

    ReplyDelete